Participation provides ample opportunities for professional networking and leadership and affords each member professional growth.
Active membership is open to anyone who has been primarily involved in lease and / or title work for a period of more than 3 years or who supervises a lease and/or title analyst. For analysts primarily involved in lease and/or title work less than 3 years or those in a related industry or position, associate memberships are available.
Active Membership shall be open to:
- Any applicant directly, primarily and regularly engaged in Lease and/or Title Analyst Work for a continuous period of not less than three (3) years at the time of application.
- Any applicant who is the supervisor of a Lease and/or Title Analyst as previously defined.
An Active Member shall be eligible to vote, to hold office and to chair a committee.
Associate Membership shall be open to:
- Any applicant having been directly, primarily and regularly engaged in lease and/or title work for a period of less than three (3) years at the time of application. An Associate Member shall enjoy all the rights and privileges of an Active Member except the rights to hold office and to chair a committee.
- When an Associate Member has earned the right to an Active Membership, it shall be the responsibility of that member to inform the Recording Secretary in writing of such change in status and to provide any and all necessary evidence to support such a change.
Honorary Life Membership shall be conferred upon those persons not otherwise eligible for membership, whom the Board of Directors determines have rendered outstanding service to ALTA or made noteworthy contributions toward the establishment of lease and/or title analysis as a profession. An Honorary Life Member shall be entitled to all of the privileges of membership except to vote, hold office or chair a committee. Annual dues shall be waived for Honorary Life Memberships.
Retired Life Membership shall be open to:
- Any applicant who is at least 55 years of age, has at least 20 years active experience in lease, title or land work, is fully retired from same, and has been an Active Member for five (5) consecutive years immediately preceding the submission of an application for Retired Life Membership status. Retired Life Membership may be conferred upon application to and approval by the Board of Directors. Retired Life Members will pay dues equal to one-half of those paid by Active Members. A Retired Life Member shall be entitled to all of the privileges of membership except to vote, hold office or chair a committee.
Life Membership shall be conferred from time to time upon those members whom the Board of Directors determines have rendered outstanding service to ALTA or who make noteworthy contributions toward the establishment of lease and/or title analysis as a profession. A Life Member shall be entitled to all of the privileges of ALTA membership and shall have their dues permanently waived.
Joining ALTA is easy. Complete our on-line application and pay either on-line or send a check.
If you missed the renewal deadline of March 31st you are no longer a member of the Association. However, you may rejoin the Association.
Feel free to contact our Membership Director for any additional information or questions about joining our Association.